During the time bodywork was being done there were a few days I worked on the wheel well portion of the cab. To keep the tires from eve rubbing against the cab I notched the edges with a plasma cutter.
After the rough cut I cleaned up the edges, then proceeded to create a paper template for a new edge.
Then I transfer the template onto a piece of 16 gauge sheet steel.
With a sheet metal break I bend the strait edges accordingly. Then I use a body hammer to beat each little tab into place then tack weld it. As you can see by the number of small tabs this took a long time. The back of the cab has ridges making it very difficult.
Once fully in place I welded up every inch and repeated on the driver side.
When finished I sand blasted and smoothed the edges with seem sealer.
Once the truck was back together I took it out for a test run. Part of the test was to see if the tires would rub or even come close.
With the suspension fully compressed on the passenger side there is still three inches of clearance.