While between welding the roof curves I started creating the final rocker panel piece. For this I used a English Wheel to create the curve. (My first time on using one as well)
Then its onto welding everything up.
After welding all of the odds and ends, I cleaned up the welds.
Then I rough sanded everything and painted on a white primer.
Onto the interior panels. I created the filler neck bulge on the new wheel well. (somehow I lost the photos of creating this)
Underneath where the filler neck is accessible for repairs.
Next I use construction paper to create a template of the top potion. This will be where the cab is sealed from the wheel well.
Upper piece created and tacked into place
I then start on the lower piece on the passenger side. Since I didn’t have to mess will the filler neck on this side I left the original support.
Another upper piece in place.
After I finished welding everything up I sealed the edges with seam sealer and painted everything.
EXTERIOR METAL WORK COMPLETED!!!!!! Now its to all the easy stuff…