HBDA-T2: Final Construction

Posted on Posted in HBDA-T2: 2010 Off-Road Trailer

With the lifts working properly we finished skinning the exterior and installed the windows.

Image

Image

The door was trimmed with 2 inch wide aluminum strips for an outside edge for the weather stripping.

Image

The split between the doors has weather stripping as well.

Image

Final adjustments on the latch catch are made.

Image

All the edges then got trim. Attached with 3M VHB tape. This took a few days.

The final results were awesome.

Image

Image

Image

One thing that wasn’t finished on time was the spare tire carrier.

Image

We finished right on the deadline. So we decided to have a couple beers. The next morning Jim had to begin his long drive back home.

Image

The next morning I followed Jim out of town. We hit a small trail to do quick testing and snap a few photos.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Trailer looks a bit dirty since we forgot to wipe all our hand prints off before taking photos. After working 16 hour days strait for over a month, I wasn’t all there mentally. This project is definitely one of the coolest things I’ve done and would like to build myself something similar one day.

Image

Image

Image

From here Jim started building the interior out. I don’t have any photos right now, though I’ll ask him if he can send me some. The aluminum sheeting got a layer of high-density polyethylene (HDPE). Then a layer of polystyrene for insulation.

You can find his portion of the build at BackcountryVehicles.com